SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

[M2070W] Scan with USB ?

Started by focus69, October 29, 2016, 14:35:07

Previous topic - Next topic

focus69

Hello Everyone,

My os is : Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

I installed officiel driver from samsung website and all works good exept scan with usb, it work for the first svcan but if i want to scan the second page i have message can't detect scaner.

Plz help me how ican fix that.

I called samsung service and don't have supprot to linux os only windows and mac.

Thanks

bchemnet

Try installing the Ubuntu package libusb-0.1-4 if it is not already installed.

focus69

It's already nstalled, any anathour idea ?

Thanks

bchemnet

You can try using a different USB port.

There used to be an issue with certain scanning software where the scanner would be sent a "sleep" signal after a scan, so then it had to be restarted or unplugged/plugged in again to work for the second scan.  I'm not aware of any Samsung scanners that were affected and it was supposedly fixed years ago, but you could try a different program to do your scans and see if that makes a difference.

Otherwise, not really.  It may be an issue with the USB software rather than the Samsung driver, but historically bugs that have been filed citing issues with closed-source software like this driver have been closed without resolution.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers