SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Public key

Started by pycoed, July 23, 2020, 17:05:56

Previous topic - Next topic

pycoed

Two days ago I reinstalled SULD on my Ubuntu 16 system (scanner had stopped working, printer was OK) All went well. Today I added a new SSD & installed Ubuntu 20.04 on that. Installing the SULD fails because public key is not available from the repo. Printer installed & worked but no scanner option without SULD - what do I need to do to enable the public key?

bchemnet

Have you tried the direct download and manual install approach?

http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/pool/debian/extra/su/suldr-keyring_2_all.deb
terminal: sudo dpkg -i suldr-keyring_2_all.deb
refresh repository (apt-get update or equivalent)

pycoed

Many thanks - that worked fine - stupid of me not to have read through thoroughly (In mitigation, I'm old & it had been a long day...)

bchemnet

pycoed

Only trouble now is that I can't get the scanner to work! I tried the version suld-driver2-1.00.39-2
Does anyone know if this is going to work with Ubuntu 20 or not?
It isn't the end of the world  because I can still boot to Ubuntu 16 from Grub & all is well there! Would it be worth trying whatever version is active on my Ubuntu 16 partition?

bchemnet

It is certainly worth trying an older version - in a fair number of cases, newer is not necessarily better with these drivers.

pycoed

Many thanks - I installed version 4.01.17-7 which was working in Ubuntu 16.04 & scanner is now working fine under 20.04. I didn't even need to install the scanner fix in 20.04 it just worked with 4.17. Thanks again for you assistance & encouragement.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers