SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Connecting Scanner directly by IP Address

Started by naish, May 21, 2013, 09:12:50

Previous topic - Next topic

naish

In my office I have a seperate WLan, which is different from the wired office Network.
I wanted to scan from Both, the wireless or the office network, so i placed the Printer/scanner into the DMZ. I could connect to its website and I could print perfectly from both networks, but I had Problems scanning.
scanimage -L did not find the scanner.
I placed it back into the Wired office network and now I have to connect the notebook before I scan.

Recently I read a lot about SULD and its configuration. I think I have read about a solution to my Question somewhere:

Is it right, that I only have to add a line to my xerox_mfp-smfp.conf like this:

# My Scanner
tcp 192.168.75.113

and the scanner will be found?

I thought I ask first before I reconfigure my network ;-).
Further more I could not find anything about that in the Internet, so maybe it will be helpful to someone if he can read about it here.

Regards,
Hannes

bchemnet

Quote from: naish on May 21, 2013, 09:12:50
Is it right, that I only have to add a line to my xerox_mfp-smfp.conf like this:

# My Scanner
tcp 192.168.75.113

and the scanner will be found?

I believe so.  You may need to include a port number after the IP address; you can try it without first and see if it works.

There aren't clear instructions anywhere on how to do this because I don't have them either, just suggestions that it is possible.  If you get it working and report back with exactly what worked, I will update my resources with that information.

naish

Shure I will. It is not my highest priority, but if it rains chances are high.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers