SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Samsung CLX-3175 cannot find scanner

Started by noob, June 10, 2013, 13:22:17

Previous topic - Next topic

noob

Hello,

i have a Problem. I uninstalled the old Samsung driver and followed the steps from http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr.
Everything is ok, except from the scanning. I cannot find the scanner. Not with the samsung driver configuration and not with any xscan.

Can anyone help me?

I have suld-driver 4.01.17

bchemnet

noob

I think so. But I'm not sure if I understand everything properly. I typed "sane-find-scanner" in the terminal and id said somthing like this:

# No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x1004, product=0x61a6) at libusb:001:005
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by
  # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.

But the scanner is networkbased and not connectet via usb.

And I typed "/opt/Samsung/mfp/bin/netdiscovery --all --scanner" in the terminal  and it gave this back:

# DEBUG: Network printers discovery utility

But this is strange and I have no idea about this.

And I am probably more a noob than a pro...

bchemnet

Quote from: noob on June 11, 2013, 06:23:07
And I typed "/opt/Samsung/mfp/bin/netdiscovery --all --scanner" in the terminal  and it gave this back:

# DEBUG: Network printers discovery utility

But this is strange and I have no idea about this.

It appears that the latest netdiscovery is stupid.  I can't get it to produce any output other than that message either.

Try downloading either http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/pool/debian/extra/s/samsungmfp-network_4.00.35-2_amd64.deb (64-bit) or http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/pool/debian/extra/s/samsungmfp-network_4.00.35-2_i386.deb (32-bit), opening the file as an archive (file-roller or similar, not gdebi or similar to install it), and extract out the netdiscovery that is in /opt/Samsung/mfp/bin.  Try the same command with that netdiscovery (can be done with the file anywhere, it does not need to be in /opt/....).  If it finds your scanner, open a terminal in the /opt/Samsung/mfp/bin directory, "sudo mv netdiscovery netdiscovery-old", and then "sudo cp <path>netdiscovery ." where <path> is wherever the netdiscovery you extracted is.  Then see if scanning works.

If the older netdiscovery does not find your scanner, you don't need to bother with the second part, because it's probably a network/firewall issue.

noob

Thanks for the answer. I did as you told me, it gives back:

.../netdiscovery --all --scanner

# Network printers discovery utility
# Legend: ip: address slp: detected,ipp,lpr,raw_tcp snmp: detected,devtype,description
# Total 0 scanners found, 5s elapsed

I found no scanner, very bad. Firewall should be no problem, because I turned it off.

bchemnet

Try a couple of earlier driver versions, maybe 4.00.39 and 3.00.90.  It's possible something in the driver itself changed that is interfering with the detection.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers