SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

CLX-4195FN and SULD -- SOLVED

Started by backwoodsman, June 08, 2014, 04:31:24

Previous topic - Next topic

backwoodsman

I am becoming increasingly frustrated by this MFP.  I originally used the Samsung drivers and the printer and scanner worked on Arch Linux as well as on Debian Sid and Debian Stable.  Currently, the networked scanner is invisible under Debian, so I have unistalled the Samsung drivers and added the SULD repository. I have installed suld-driver-4.00.39 (4.00.39-2) but do not see how to make the scanner visible.  The instructions here appear to expect a file at /opt/Samsung/mfp/bin/netdiscovery but no such file exists (in fact the only directory under /opt/Samsung/mfp/ is share, containing apparently only version information.  The printer is found and can be configured via the usual CUPS web interface.  How should I proceed to install the scanner? 

bchemnet

The netdiscovery component is installed with the suld-network-2 package, which should have been pulled in when you installed the driver.  If not, you should manually install it.  If it is missing, adding it may solve your problem with no further work.

On the other hand, if it is present, I'm not sure what to say other than there have been several recent reports of inability to detect network scanners following system updates.  Obviously something has recently changed in a non-MFP package that is breaking the MFP detection behavior.  However, nobody has successfully identified what it is or reported that they have filed a bug with their distro that might address the matter.  I do not have the means to test this particular behavior.

backwoodsman

Thank you for the explanation.  I re-installed the suld-network-2 package and everything is sweetness and light.  After running '/opt/Samsung/mfp/bin/netdiscovery --all --scanner', the scanner is found (in fact xsane failed the first time because it timed out while the MFP was warming up, but it only needed starting again to run correctly.)

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers