SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Author Topic: Install fails because the architecture armel doesn't correspond to my system?  (Read 1696 times)

villandra

• Testing the water
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit
  • Printer: Samsung M2070
I am trying to install the 1.00.06 driver 2 for my Samsung M2070, monochrome laser jet multifunction printer.  Now, I swear I must have had it working before I reinstalled Ubuntu, because there was an ink saving feature the generic driver that I just installed does not have. 

It refused to install through the software center or the deb package on the grounds that the armel architecture doesn't agree with the architecture I have.   

I am using Ubuntu 14.04, 32 bit.   I suspect the architecture screener was expecting i386 in the file name where "armel" is.

Are these drivers all 64 bit?    Where are the 32 bit ones?   You don't mention that on the site anywhere that I can find.   

If the driver is 32 bit can I just change armel to i386?   

Is armel even an architecture?   Architecture is 32 bit or 64 bit!   Or what specifically does the armel mean?  But I still need to know if it is 32 or 64 bit.   

Thanks!

Yours,
Dora Smith

villandra

• Testing the water
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit
  • Printer: Samsung M2070
I successfully installed the correct driver from the Samsung web site for my printer - which wasn't 1.00.06(driver2); might have been 1.00.29 or something.   Instructions on how to install the tar.gz file are here:  ubuntuforums.org/showghread.php?t-2215475.   You ahve to put sudo in front of every command. 

I now have the ability to use less ink back.   

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers