SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Author Topic: [SOLVED] SXC-4600 via USB does not print PDF files  (Read 2434 times)

draculus

• Testing the water
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Debian
  • Printer: SCX-4600
[SOLVED] SXC-4600 via USB does not print PDF files
« on: August 23, 2014, 05:30:44 »
Hello,

I have SCX-4600 configured on Debian Testing (jessie) with latest drivers from repository on this page. The printer prints test page (issued through CUPS web interface) without issues.

The problem is it "ignores" any jobs. The job is executed and properly sent through CUPS, the lights on the printer flicker and then nothing happens. No error in /var/log/cups/error_log. Not even with debug mode. The log shows the data has been sent. CUPS just looks like everything is OK but the printer does not print.

This is how it looks after the job is sent and "completed" (without any printer output).
$ lpstat -t
scheduler is running
system default destination: Samsung_SCX-4600_Series
device for Samsung_SCX-4600_Series: usb://Samsung/SCX-4600%20Series?serial=Z2VCBADS801329M&interface=1
Samsung_SCX-4600_Series accepting requests since Sat 23 Aug 2014 12:21:40 PM CEST
printer Samsung_SCX-4600_Series is idle.  enabled since Sat 23 Aug 2014 12:21:40 PM CEST
        Sending data to printer

It looks like I have something misconfigured but I can not figure out what it is. I know the printer is OK. It worked without issues on Ubuntu.

BTW yes, I tried the get off - get on approach (removing the printer and adding again).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 05:40:48 by draculus »

draculus

• Testing the water
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Debian
  • Printer: SCX-4600
Re: SXC-4600 via USB does not print files
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 05:40:28 »
OK. So I finally managed to resolve the issue. I tested text files and they are printed OK. The problem was with PDF files.

Solution is to install the suld-printer-pdf-fix package.

$ sudo aptitude install suld-printer-pdf-fix

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers