SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Author Topic: SCX-3405F unable to print  (Read 2341 times)

ryanjgillies

• Testing the water
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Lubuntu
  • Printer: SXC-3405F
SCX-3405F unable to print
« on: October 09, 2014, 08:13:49 »
It seems from searching the forum nobody has encountered this particular model before, but hopefully someone here can help me resolve the issue!  Here's the setup:

Printer: SCX-3405F
Distro: Lubuntu 14.04
Port: USB
suld-driver: 4.00.36 (initially tried 4.00.39)

The printer is installed and setup in Lubuntu, I also installed the Samsung Unified Driver Configurator.  Whenever I attempt a test print of any kind no evident errors appear, and the LCD display on the printer briefly shows the message "Updating data..." and then returns to standby.

I thought I would try switching drivers down to the first driver that supported this model but I'm unsure if I'm doing that correctly.  I delete the printer, complete uninstall the driver in synaptic, installed the new driver package then added the printer again.  Same issue with both drivers tested so far.  Supported devices page seems to suggest 4.01.17 should work, but as the package states older models were dropped I didn't want to try it just yet.

Any thoughts anybody? Thanks!

bchemnet

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Debian Testing
  • Printer: none
Re: SCX-3405F unable to print
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 10:34:05 »
This printer should, in theory, work with 4.01.17 and also the driver2 versions.  You may want to try some of those if you haven't already.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers