SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Xerox Workcenter PE 114a / Samsung SCX 4100 scanner not working

Started by LuisBalona, October 23, 2014, 03:52:34

Previous topic - Next topic

LuisBalona

I have a Xerox  Workcenter PE 114a flatbed USB laser printer/scanner which prints fine under Ubuntu-12.04 (64 bit) using the suld-driver-4.00.39.  However, the scanner is not recognized by sane.  Installing the suld-scanner-usblp-fix package has no effect - the scanner is still not recognized.  I had the same problem with Ubuntu-10.04 (64 bit), but the printer and scanner worked fine with the 32-bit version of Ubuntu 10.04.  The printer uses the Samsung SCX 4100 driver.    Any help will be appreciated.

bchemnet

This sounds more like an issue with SANE than with the driver.  Perhaps filing a bug report with that project (or through your distribution) will generate a useful response.

rust

After upgrade my linux box to new version, I had the same problem with scanning (old version - Slackware 12.2 kernel 2.6.27 i686 , new version Slackware 14.1 kernel 3.10.17 x86_64 )

I have used the UnifiedLinuxDriver-1.00.29.tar.gz package from this site,
but rewrote the /opt/smfp-common/scanner/share/oem.conf file as
--------
VENDOR=Xerox
VID=0924
PIDS="423b"
--------

after that, the 'scanimage -L' command showed me my scanner
--
device `smfp:usb;0924;423b;3429137348......' is a Xerox Xerox WorkCentre PE114 Series on USB Scanner
---

also many thanks author for his great job, I have only small comment: I have replaced all  'mktemp -t temp.log.XXX' commands to 'mktemp -t temp.log.XXXXXX' in installation scripts, because mktemp command in my distribution wants greater than or equal to six X in template

thesame

The only version of Unified Driver that works with my SCX-4100 is this: http://install-driver.com/file/1321696681_UnifiedLinuxDriver-1.13.tar.gz.html I can't find anything close to it in the suldr.

bchemnet

Quote from: thesame on July 08, 2015, 16:30:58
The only version of Unified Driver that works with my SCX-4100 is this: http://install-driver.com/file/1321696681_UnifiedLinuxDriver-1.13.tar.gz.html I can't find anything close to it in the suldr.

This is actually driver-3.00.71, so it is similar to 3.00.65 and 3.00.90.  It is identical in all but one very minor respect to one of those two versions, but I don't remember which one at the moment.  Several people reported that it was buggy and Samsung did not provide that version for very long.  So all of those factors are why I skipped over that version.

If neither 3.00.65 nor 3.00.90 works, but this version does, I can provide it as an option.  I probably won't create repository files for it, though, as nearly all repository users are using much more recent versions.

thesame

Unfortunately, neither 65 nor 90 works for my 4100 scanner. Would you be so kind to host the archive somewhere at your site, because the link I gave above doesn't look very reliable to me. Thank you.

bchemnet

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers