SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

M2675-FN - Xubuntu 14.04 - connected on LAN - cannot use scanner

Started by pmik76, October 26, 2014, 01:50:46

Previous topic - Next topic

pmik76

Hello everyone.

First of all, thank you everyone for all your efforts.

So far I managed to use my printer using Samsung's drivers as ipp connection. Trying to use the suld-driver-4.01.17 failed. I installed also network-2.
I have a problem using my M2675 as a scanner. Network discovery reports

ip: 192.168.1.201   slp: 0,0,0,0 snmp: 1,1,0 vendor: Samsung dsc: "M267x 287x Series"

which I guess is a good sign. Where do I go from here? The suld-configurator-2-qt4 gets stuck when clicking on the "SCANNER" icon. Xsane takes forever to scan and eventually gets stuck. I read through various posts on the forum, but I cannot understand what I am supposed to do.

Can someone point me to a step-by-step guide to at least eliminate some cases? Do I need something else besides the suld packages? I have also the os user as a member of lp and saned.

Any help would be appreciated.

bchemnet

I suggest trying one of the driver2 versions to see if you have any better success.  Otherwise, there have been various reports of issues with newer SANE versions.  Perhaps a distribution update or filing a bug report there will generate something useful.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers