SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Author Topic: A question from a fellow Gentoo package maintainer.  (Read 3941 times)

coacher

A question from a fellow Gentoo package maintainer.
« on: July 30, 2012, 07:11:24 »
Hello, bchemnet.

This post is addressed directly to you. I am maintaining ebuild for Gentoo distribution providing Samsung Unified Driver. Your suldp page helps me to monitor version bumps also I check by hand Samsung's site myself from time to time.

How do you monitor version bumps yourself? Is there RSS-feed or some other automated way to do it?

bchemnet

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Debian Testing
  • Printer: none
Re: A question from a fellow Gentoo package maintainer.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 11:11:23 »
I do it the same way you do.  I try to keep track of 2-4 of the most recent printers, as those are where the newest drivers are likely to appear.  But it's tedious, and I only look about once a month.

I can post here when I find a new version to alert you, which lately has been about every 6 months.

coacher

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 14:50:24 »
Thanks for your answer. Well, then we have to do it the hard way.

There is no need for you to addtionally post it here only for me because I am monitoring you suldr page anyway, but thanks.

BTW, I am subscribed now at this RSS-feed: http://www.samsung.com/us/function/rss/rssFeedItemList.do?ctgryCd=219&typeCd=PRODUCTS
It enlists product updates for printers and MFDs and it could be any help for you.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 14:53:32 by coacher »

bchemnet

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Debian Testing
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 22:41:24 »
Good to know, thanks.  If I find a clever way of monitoring the updates Samsung posts, I'll be sure to share it.

rogernick

• Testing the water
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Distros
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 02:33:39 »
Thanks for your answer. Well, then we have to do it the hard way.

There is no need for you to addtionally post it here only for me because I am monitoring you suldr page anyway, but thanks.

BTW, I am subscribed now at this RSS-feed: http://www.samsung.com/us/function/rss/rssFeedItemList.do?ctgryCd=219&typeCd=firstPRODUCTS
It enlists product updates for printers and MFDs and it could be any help for you.

Coacher, I'm new here and i need help on this issue certainly. Thanks for raising a post on it and the rss-feed link is definitely helpful for me. Thanks again!

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers