SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Driver Install Issues

Started by mccullom, July 13, 2015, 12:04:54

Previous topic - Next topic

mccullom

I have installed the repository, installed the 4.01.17 driver package, installed the configurator 2 qt4 package.  When I run the configurator may printer samsung c460w is detected fine. When I go to the driver installation window no driver is presented for installation.  Please help.

bchemnet

If the Configurator detects your printer, you should be able install it there.  Once it is installed, regardless of how you do it, it should be accessible everywhere.  If that is not the case, please provide additional detail.

mccullom

When I go to the next window via the next button in the configurator, there are no drivers listed in the window.  It seems that the configurator does not have access to the installed drivers.  How can I link the drivers to the configurator?

bchemnet

I'm not sure why the Configurator is not listing drivers.  If you are not running Configurator as the root user, that may be the problem.  Otherwise, have you tried adding the printer through the usual Ubuntu interface?  If you also can't see drivers through that interface, then the problem is not specific to the Configurator and you should seek help from the Ubuntu community.  If you can see drivers through the Ubuntu interface but for some reason can't add the printer, please report back with what you see.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers