SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

CLX-6220 MFP dependenceis issue

Started by Stoney Ridge, August 03, 2012, 22:03:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoney Ridge

Hi there,

I've purchased a new box with plenty of memory and so decided to install Deepin 64bit 12.06. (It's and Ubuntu spin off.) When installing the mfp drivers it cries out for libstdc++5 which is in the repositories. However if I were to install that, I would loose my cross-over office installation because it replaces libstdc++5:i386 - which is needed by crossover.

Can you think of any tricks that might get around this problem.

Regards
John

Stoney Ridge

SOLVED Kind of.....

I deleted crossover office and the offending  libstdc++5:i386 and associated files. Installed the Samsung mfp files and the printer works. I have yet to fix the scanner but I have done that before on a previous distro so that should be okay.

I installed my Windows software that I need for work using Play on Linux. Winetricks had problems.

Thank you very much for your very helpful information on your site. It has saved me previously.

Regards
John

bchemnet

Although it may now not be relevant for you, I will look into modifying my packages so that they can (possibly) tolerate the crossover packages being co-installed.

Stoney Ridge

Thank you for your reply. I did install the 32bit system but then one of the crossover team came forward with a solution. Luckily I kept my 64bit partitions.

Follow the story here, as there may be some useful clues for you.

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=26;msg=129504

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers