SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

I can print but can't scan with Samsung M2070

Started by veduler, September 12, 2015, 11:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

veduler

Hello, I have Samsung multifunction M2070 on an Arch linux.

The scanner is detected:

# sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
     # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
     # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

# No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
     # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
     # Also you need support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your operating system.
     # If using Linux, try "modprobe sg".

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04e8 [Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.], product=0x3469 [M2070 Series]) at libusb:004:002
     # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by
     # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.

# Not checking for parallel port scanners.

# Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
     # can't be detected by this program.

The sane version is 1.0.24
I've tryed with the Samsung Unified linux driver versions: 1.00.29 and 1.00.35

scanimage:
   [root@portatil manel]# scanimage -L

No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).

When I try to scan with Xsane all I get is the message that no scanner is available.

Any ideas to get it work, I don't know what else I can do.

Thank you!

bchemnet

It seems that scanning with this printer is a problem for multiple people, without an obvious solution.  I suggest either investigating SANE issues or contacting Samsung, as it doesn't seem to be solved by any of the usual solutions.

Igor Flint

I found working solution for scanner problem with M2070 and suld driver. Samsung driver installed using original installer from Samsung site works fine. The reason is that libsane-smfp.so.1.0.1 read special file (/opt/samsung/scanner/share/oem.conf) by absolute path which contains list of supported scanners usb vid/pid. It is easy to check this (strings libsane-smfp.so.1.0.1 | grep oem). So I just copy this file from samsung installer unpacked archive (uld/noarch/oem.conf) to previously created /opt/samsung/scanner/share directory. After this action scanner start working fine.
Please, add this file to suld-driver package on next build.

bchemnet

I will look into this.  It probably won't be for a couple of weeks.

bchemnet

This is resolved, and the hard-coded configuration files now installed in /opt/.  It appears that only the latest versions of the driver have this hard-coded, so it only relatively recently became an issue.

jsanahuja

Hello,
First of all, thanks for creating these packages making life easier regarding Samsung printer/scanner drivers.

I had the same issue with a M2070W and latest suld-driver2-1.00.36.
After finding this thread, I looked into /opt/.
Comparing to Igor Flint investigation, I found a typo in the created directory structure:
under "scanner", renaming "shared" to "share" made "scanimage -L" now successfully detect the scanner.

bchemnet

Thanks for catching that.  I've uploaded a corrected package.

NizarGhrairi

Please help,
My printer have a problem in scanning files everytime it shows me the message attached, i've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and the installation folder many times but i got nothing please help.

bchemnet

You should contact Samsung support directly for issues using printers with Windows.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers