SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

SCX-4729FW Success!

Started by jimmer, August 09, 2012, 19:26:37

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmer

Picked up this multi-function printer today. Printer worked straight away but scanner not recognized by XSane. Happened upon this awesomely helpful site, added the source and key. Then found the drivers in Synaptic Package Manager ... installed the 4.00.35-2 drivers. Found the config tool in Menu under 'System Tools', it found my unit right away and added it. Presto scanner works. Haven't tried the network as I don't need it.

Printer was listed twice now so removed the original one that was listed from when I'd first turned it on and plugged in the USB cable.

Actually XSane crashed a few times but SimpleScan didn't. Maybe I'll try one of those fixes (hacks) but it works and I'm happy.

Thanks you so much for this! I do appreciate it!

Jim

jrczz

The unified driver installed on Knoppix 7.04 with the persistant image. Downloaded to the downloads folder. opened the folder and extracted to that location. The cdroot folder was created. Opened the folder. Opened a terminal window in the folder from under the tools drop down menu. Typed sudo ./autorun . Followed the installation for a local printer.  I tried with the 7.4 version and it required the uninstall of the firewall. Did not do it. May try later if I get success I'll let you know. Knoppix will play dvd's if you install libdvdcss. You can download flashplayer and install it also.  flashplayer.so has to appear in the mozilla plugin folder. This makes Knoppix a replacement for about everything you need to do. I boot windows about once a week, the applet for my security system doesn't work under linux. Other than that my computer is on the usb stick in my pocket.

jrczz

The unified driver installed on Knoppix 7.04 with the persistant image. Downloaded to the downloads folder. opened the folder and extracted to that location. The cdroot folder was created. Opened the folder. Opened a terminal window in the folder from under the tools drop down menu. Typed sudo ./autorun . Followed the installation for a local printer.  I tried with the 7.4 version and it required the uninstall of the firewall. Did not do it. May try later if I get success I'll let you know. Knoppix will play dvd's if you install libdvdcss. You can download flashplayer and install it also.  flashplayer.so has to appear in the mozilla plugin folder. This makes Knoppix a replacement for about everything you need to do. I boot windows about once a week, the applet for my security system doesn't work under linux. Other than that my computer is on the usb stick in my pocket.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers