SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

'extra/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list)

Started by Saulius2006, August 31, 2016, 00:07:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Saulius2006

Hi,

I'm trying to get installed my Samsung C410W printer drivers to Linux raspberrypi 4.4.11-v7+  armv7l GNU/Linux
I'm following instructions exactly as it is written:
after using command to add repository  source:
sudo bash -c 'echo "deb http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/ debian extra" >> /etc/apt/sources.list'

My next step is to refresh repository listings:
sudo apt-get update

And this is the error that I receive after update command:
W: Failed to fetch http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/dists/debian/InRelease  Unable to find expected entry 'extra/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

After unsuccessful repository update I have downloaded and installed manually the "suldr_keyring_1_all.deb" as it is in the step 4.

Afterwards I have manually downloaded printer drivers according the provided list Samsung c410 = 1.00.36 (driver2)

Unfortunately by  trying to install I received 'armhf' error.
After same Google investigation I have discovered in   package_utils line 59 needs to be changed accordingly my Linux version
from 'arm' to 'armhf'

After changes driver installation went successful but anyway by trying to print the test page from 'Cups'  the printer jobs will be sopped.

In other words printer drivers not installed and printer wouldn't work.

I'm kindly hope for your highly valued support

bchemnet

The driver does not work with any modern ARM-based devices.  Samsung has simply not compiled the driver to work with them.  Armhf is not quite the same hardware as arm (or armel), and requires a separate package to be prepared.

Saulius2006

is where any way to switch the between armhf and armel?
in regards of operating system or drivers it self.

bchemnet

When armhf was relatively new, I know it was possible to replace all armhf-compiled packages with armel ones and run devices that way, although apparently slower.  I don't have any direct experience, but my understanding from what I have seen is that most new devices require armhf software only and don't support the armel type.

So at best you would have to completely wipe everything and start over as armel with an empty device, and that may not work anyway.

Saulius2006

the devise is brand new and where is nothing to wipe :)
Do you know where I can find (download) armel package ?

bchemnet

It is not just a matter of downloading a package.  You need to have a way to completely reset your device and install a new operating system (Linux kernel and associated base packages based on armel).  You would have to separately look up if anyone has done this with your device, it is not always possible.  If/once you have changed the core parts, then you can proceed as usual through the repository.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers