SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Support for choosing the document source (Flatbed or ADF)

Started by none, May 28, 2017, 08:26:27

Previous topic - Next topic

none

For Samsung devices that have an ADF, choosing whether to scan from that or from flatbed should either be done automatically (if the ADF is empty, use flatbed) or at least the user should be able to configure this in a profile. I have implemented the latter; if desired, please incorporate this in the suld-scantopc package.

1. Patch your /usr/bin/samsungScannerServer.py:
--- samsungScannerServer.py.orig        2017-05-28 14:38:44.380068831 +0200
+++ samsungScannerServer.py     2017-05-28 15:17:51.836519508 +0200
@@ -477,6 +477,8 @@
     print("DPI: "+str(dpi))
     size=SIZE2SANE[user_selection["size"]]
     print("SIZE: "+size)
+    source=user_selection["source"]
+    print("SOURCE: " + source)

#Initialize scan

@@ -486,6 +488,8 @@
         s.mode = mode
         s.resolution = dpi
         s.page_format = size #t-k: bugfix page_format is correct (not page-format)
+        s.doc_source = source
+
         imgs = s.multi_scan()
         return imgs, s

2. Check your device options:

scanimage -A

It should say something like

Scan Area:
    --doc-source Flatbed|ADF Simplex [Flatbed]
        Select source of the document to be scanned

3. Edit your /etc/samsungScannerServer.conf accordingly by adding the new "source" entry with the above values.

For example:

OPTIONS=[
    {'name':'Gray ADF 200 PDF','color':'COLOR_GRAY','resolution':'DPI_200','format':'FORMAT_M_PDF','size':'SIZE_A4','source':'ADF Simplex','output':OUTPUT_PREFIX, 'filters':[]},
    {'name':'Gray Flatbed 200 PDF','color':'COLOR_GRAY','resolution':'DPI_200','format':'FORMAT_M_PDF','size':'SIZE_A4','source':'Flatbed','output':OUTPUT_PREFIX, 'filters':[]},

bchemnet

Thanks for sharing.  I am going to decline to incorporate it into the package at least for now, because this adds an unnecessary step for those who don't want to mess with the source.  If it could be modified to default to something reasonable in the absence of setting the specific source, as it does now, I will include it.  I suspect I know how it could be done, but I don't have a test system to check it with.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers