SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Please, could you guys help me to install a ML-2165W under Debian 9.2?

Started by bibliofernando, December 04, 2017, 09:44:37

Previous topic - Next topic

bibliofernando

bchemnet

More information is needed.  Have you installed system-config-printer or the suld-qt4-configurator so that you have an interface to manage printers?  Is your printer connected over the network or by USB?

Also, I recommend using either driver-4.01.17 or driver2-1.00.36 for that printer, as there have been updates since 3.00.90 that probably impact its use.  If you elect to use driver2, be sure to use system-config-printer, not the configurator, to manage it.

bibliofernando

Hi, bchemnet, thank you for replying!

I am newbie on Debian, and I don't know how to install system-config-printer or the suld-qt4-configurator. Could you teach me?

Thanks in advance!

bchemnet

If you installed the driver using the Samsung installer, the Configurator is already installed and can probably be accessed through your software list.  If you installed using the repository, the configurator is a package you can select (for example, in Synaptic).  System-config-printer is a standard Debian package, and may already be installed: if you see a "Printers" option in your software list, that is probably it and you can try to add your printer through there.

bibliofernando

I have installed through Synaptic, but I don't see "Printers" option in my software list.

What more should I do, bchemnet?

bchemnet

If you do not see Printers or Printing, you can start a terminal and enter system-config-printer to start the interface.  You may need to click "unlock" and enter your password to make changes.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers