SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

reinstallation error

Started by siawacsh, July 23, 2018, 16:47:27

Previous topic - Next topic

siawacsh

Hello, I recently upgraded to Mint 19 and need to reinstall the Samsung driver for ML-1675.

I have added the line into the sources.list
Also installed the Keyring using the deb file
But when it comes to running the sh script I get the following error.

accordingly I have run chmod on the install.sh

but to no avail

**** Do you agree ? [y/n] : y
./noarch/package_install.sh: 46: ./noarch/package_install.sh: ./noarch/package_install.sh: Permission denied
**** Do you want to continue to install scan driver ? [y/n] : n
**** Install finished.
siawacsh@siawacsh-sager:/media/siawacsh/4931-FDA4/downloads/samsung/uld$

bchemnet

You seem to have mixed the two ways of installing the driver.  The two approaches are:

1. Use the repository.  For this, you have to install through your package management software.  You do not need the download that you are using.

2. Use the download.  For this, you must run the install as root (sudo).  In this approach, you do not need to have the repository source or key set up.

siawacsh

OK, so I just tried the downloaded driver. I removed the lines from the sources.list. Refreshed the repositories. And when i try to run the sh script still get permission denied.

I am using sudo for all my commands

siawacsh

I also installed the driver using the repositories. That does in fact install a driver. However, when I go to print it renders another error

internal error. please use the proper driver

position 0x0 (0)
system h6fw_5_49/xl_op
line 180
version SPL 5.49 10-20-2010

siawacsh

Forgot to mention. When I am using repository I get three options radio buttons.

Select printer from database
Provide PPD file
Search for driver to download.

I have tried the first which results in the internal error print out. But when I try the third option it the make  field it finds the printer label/meta data. But when i hit search it cannot find anything.

siawacsh

I even place the uld folder into the system directory. Created a sub-directory for it as root.

chmod + 777
install.sh

Again the same internal permission error. I am wondering if this is a Mint 19 error because I am experiencing scanner software as well.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers