SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Fix multiarchitecture by adding 'Multi-Arch: foreign' to all 'Arcitecture: all'

Started by ellepdesk, June 30, 2021, 08:55:26

Previous topic - Next topic

ellepdesk

Hi,

I'm trying to bypass the restrictions on architecture by enabling qemu-user-static to run amd64 binaries on arm.
Installation of the suldr-driver2 packages fails because the driver depends on common, and common is installed only for the current architecture.

By patching the common and ppd .deb files to include 'Multi-Arch: foreign' these packages are seen as a fulfillment of the dependencies of suld-driver2:amd64 even when installed on a native arm system.

Using these patched debs an qemu-user-static I have successfully printed a test page from an arm system on a Samsung C410 printer. At the cost on a bunch of arm64v libs an a big overhead on executing, this could solve the long-standing issue of using the SULD drivers on a raspberry pi.

In sort: Please add 'Multi-Arch: foreign' to the control file for all 'Architecture: all' .deb files.

bchemnet

This is done for the common & ppd packages.  (Based on my reading of Debian's package guidelines, adding the Multi-Arch line is not appropriate for the other "all" packages in this repository.  However, I do not think any of those packages are relevant for this purpose.)

Please let me know if it works for you without having to manually edit the packages.

ellepdesk

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers