SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Author Topic: Donation  (Read 3746 times)

GNU-Linux

• Testing the water
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Debian Lenny/Wheezy, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64 bit und 12.04 LTS 64bit
  • Printer: Samsung CLX-6220
Donation
« on: September 22, 2012, 14:07:23 »
I searched in this Forum a long time in this evening but I couldn't find any possibilities to donate for the great Repo at http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/, that support my clx-6220 very good.

It wasn't allowed for me, to send PM e.q to an admin or any other member for asking at http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/forum/index.php?action=credits.

I think, that's not good. Can anybody from the developers or offical members from the credits side tell me, how I am able to make a donation, maybe with PayPal ... or don't you want a donation ?

Horrible ...

bchemnet

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Debian Testing
  • Printer: none
Re: Donation
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 18:30:35 »
I'm glad the printer is working and the repository is useful.  At this time, I am not accepting donations.  The costs for running this site and the repository are not excessive, and I don't want anyone to feel like they need to spend more money just to get a printer working (using them is expensive enough as it is).

At the present apparent growth rate of users for this repository, in a couple of years I may need to upgrade to a more extensive web hosting system or a dedicated server; at that point, I may reconsider my decision.

GNU-Linux

• Testing the water
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Debian Lenny/Wheezy, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64 bit und 12.04 LTS 64bit
  • Printer: Samsung CLX-6220
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 13:14:46 »
Ok, I accept your opinion. No problem. Call, if you want to get donations.

But I think it has to be normal, that we all like to appreciate good and helpful work !
As I interpret, so is your work, around the proprietary samsung-binaries, open-source.

I wrote Samsung, that it is terrible, that the driver/modules aren't open-source.
That isn't a good way for all !
And I invite Samsung by Mail, to give the community open-source driver/modules.

bchemnet

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Debian Testing
  • Printer: none
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 22:45:58 »
Open-source drivers would be great, and no doubt would simplify everything around this repository.

I would accept closed-source drivers that weren't a clossal pain to deal with and built using ancient libraries as a short-term solution, though, and Samsung hasn't even expressed any apparent interest in that.

HighCat

• Testing the water
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Ubuntu 12.10 x86_64
  • Printer: Samsung ML-1865
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 17:04:03 »
Hi,

Just FYI, I would be glad to make a donation too.

My use case is like that:
1. I tried Samsung Unified Linux Driver from Samsung official site. It hadn't worked.
2. I found your repository, and tried the improved installer from it. It worked.
3. I'd like to thank you with a small donation, especially if it won't take much time (PayPal is ok).

Anyway, thanks for the good job.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers