SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

GPG error

Started by Hat, November 27, 2012, 21:34:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Hat

I'm getting an error when doing a 'sudo apt-get update'.

W: GPG error: http://www.bchemnet.com debian Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG C95104E509BAC46D Samung Unified Linux Driver Repository

I tried re-running 'sudo wget -O - http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/suldr.gpg | sudo apt-key add -' but I'm still getting the same error.

I don't know if it's related but I noticed that the http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/dists/debian/Release.gpg was last modified on Oct 3 2012. The main repository page says the last suldr.gpg file update was in 2009.

This is ubuntu precise (12.04).

bchemnet

Odd.  I can't reproduce this issue, and nothing has changed with the key recently.  (Release.gpg updates every time I change a package, that is not related to the key itself.)  If you try again, does it persist?

adubourg

Same problem here with a Debian Testing/Wheezy. It has been the case for several days now (sorry I can't remember exactly when it started...), and it is totally reproducible -- impossible not to reproduce, actually :)

bchemnet

It appears my hosting company is having system-wide issues that are beyond their ability to handle.  This is not an issue I can address.  All I can suggest is to stop hitting the website for at least a few hours, maybe a day or so, and it should reset.  Apparently multiple failed attempts to access fails (due to a slow network, at the hosting end) is causing temporary blocking of IP addresses.  I suspect this is related to a solution they implemented in response to denial-of-service attacks a few weeks ago.

I don't have time to deal with this now, but if the issues continue over the next weeks I will see about switching hosts.

Hat

Hmm, I thought I had posted my solution a few days ago, but I don't see it now. I guess I'm imaging things.

Anyhow, this turned out to be an issue on my local machine with a cache apt uses. Easily solved by wiping out that cache.

Here's my solution:

sudo apt-get clean            # Remove cached packages
cd /var/lib/apt
sudo mv lists lists.old       # Backup mirror info
sudo mkdir -p lists/partial   # Recreate directory structure
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update           # Fetch mirror info

adubourg

It worked flawlessly, thanks!

bchemnet

I'm glad it is working.  The network host issues appear to be resolved, at least for now.  But when my renewal is next up (in a few months), I may still move.  Please post back if issues return.

painful_registration

I ran into the same issue with linux mint debian edition, and a debian box running wheezy.

Following the instructions to wipe apt cache fixed the issue. Maybe add this tip to the FAQ or something.

Also the registration process for this forum is really painful. I made a mistake in the email address and couldn't receive the confirmation email and was blocked from registering from the same computer, it also forced me to choose a less secure password than the one I wanted to use just for the sake of putting an uppercase letter and number in there.
So I restarted all over again from another machine and had to invent new username/email/password then the confirmation email would not arrive despite a couple resend.
This went on until I ran out of computers and had to resort to fiddle with cookies and found one email provider the registration would send email to.
I almost gave up around the 6th or 7th failed attempt at registering.

bchemnet

Quote from: painful_registration on May 01, 2013, 11:13:51
I ran into the same issue with linux mint debian edition, and a debian box running wheezy.

Following the instructions to wipe apt cache fixed the issue. Maybe add this tip to the FAQ or something.
I'm working on many updates now, and this is on the list of things to incorporate.

Quote from: painful_registration on May 01, 2013, 11:13:51
Also the registration process for this forum is really painful. I made a mistake in the email address and couldn't receive the confirmation email and was blocked from registering from the same computer, it also forced me to choose a less secure password than the one I wanted to use just for the sake of putting an uppercase letter and number in there.
So I restarted all over again from another machine and had to invent new username/email/password then the confirmation email would not arrive despite a couple resend.
This went on until I ran out of computers and had to resort to fiddle with cookies and found one email provider the registration would send email to.
I almost gave up around the 6th or 7th failed attempt at registering.
Actually, the registration system worked exactly as it should have.  Your pattern of activities, including use throw-away email addresses, were entirely consistent with a spambot.  And since I have very limited time to spend on this, I have zero tolerance for wasting that time dealing with spam.  If I had truly aggressive registration settings, you probably would have managed to get your IP address banned.

While I certainly use throw-away email addresses at times myself, the registration for the forum is supposed to be a truly valid one (for example, to receive notification of responses to your posts).  So there is a delay to try to avoid exactly what you did.  I'm a little surprised you managed to register at all with that approach.

cntower

I ran into a GPG error setting up the repository today.

GPG error: http://www.bchemnet.com debian Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY C95104E509BAC46D

My other half recently picked up a 2165W for her home office and I was able to install the driver and get it working on my Voyager Linux 12.04 box. (Voyager is a Xubuntu re-spin).  So, everything is working okay but just this little error message.

bchemnet

Just to check the simplest thing: if you run "sudo apt-key list", does a key for the repository exist?  If not, adding suldr.gpg to apt's keys may have failed.

Arthur Groen

Hallo Administrator,

on Page http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/ 
section:  Setting Up the Repository
        4:  Install the repository key

There is a small typo in the file name
The download link is: http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/pool/debian/extra/su/suldr-keyring_2_all.deb
The instructions uses:                                                                                               suldr_keyring_2_all.deb

/kind rgds

bchemnet

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers