SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Author Topic: CLP-620ND x and y coordinates out by 50mm  (Read 2671 times)

robspangolin

• Testing the water
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Ubuntu
  • Printer: CLP-620ND ML-2240
CLP-620ND x and y coordinates out by 50mm
« on: December 03, 2012, 20:02:09 »
Hi,

I'm running 4.00.39 version driver (from the repos) on Ubuntu 12.10 with my CLP-620ND connected over the network with LPD. It prints very nicely except that the prints aren't positioned correctly on the page :( The image is 50mm too far up and too far to the right.

If I switch to the foo2qpdl driver, the prints are nicely centred on the page, but it won't print in colour properly. (Printing from windows works fine.)

I've tested this with the Test Page from the printer configuration wizard, Libreoffice and Acrobat.

When I first got the printer about a year ago, I did try to get it to work with your version of the samsung driver but failed completely, but I believe that it was deleted completely (since then I've been using foo2qpdl.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

rob

robspangolin

• Testing the water
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Ubuntu
  • Printer: CLP-620ND ML-2240
Re: CLP-620ND x and y coordinates out by 50mm
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 21:07:01 »
Bit of an update.

Acrobat seems to print ok (don't know why I thought it didn't).
Libreoffice prints ok if I change print mode from pdf to postscript.

Does changing to postscript matter? Does this mean that some apps will print and some won't? Does this mean it is a Libreoffice bug (bearing in mind that the test page also printed incorrectly using samsung driver, whilst foo2qpdl driver printed the test page fine)?

Thanks,

Rob

bchemnet

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Debian Testing
  • Printer: none
Re: CLP-620ND x and y coordinates out by 50mm
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 11:59:08 »
I would guess it is a bug in the pdf renderer, but whether it is ghostscript, cups, or Samsung I couldn't say for certain.  Acrobat typically outputs as PS, which is probably why it worked fine.  There should be no particular problem printing everything as PS.  You could drive the pdf-driver-fix package to see if that impacts the pdf output.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers