SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Author Topic: Thanks! | Android! | Fax?  (Read 3183 times)

djtm

• Testing the water
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Ubuntu 9.10 & 12.04
  • Printer: SXC 4729-FD
Thanks! | Android! | Fax?
« on: December 28, 2012, 06:59:08 »
First let me say thank you for creating the repository. It's very, very helpful. And for experienced Debian users, it makes things so much simple. I'm actually profiting from the old libraries as it works just as good both on my old Ubuntu 9.10 and my new Ubuntu 12.04 systems.

Also I'm not sure if people are aware, so I wanted to share that there is an Android app for network-enabled printers now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.print.mobileprint.

This brings me to the next question: Is there a way to send a fax with the printer drivers? Because the Android app can send faxes, and I believe so can the Windows and Mac OS software...

bchemnet

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Linux Distribution: Debian Testing
  • Printer: none
Re: Thanks! | Android! | Fax?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 07:05:21 »
This brings me to the next question: Is there a way to send a fax with the printer drivers? Because the Android app can send faxes, and I believe so can the Windows and Mac OS software...

Not that I am aware of.  But when I have a chance, I will see if I can learn anything useful by looking at the Andriod app.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers