SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

After an update printing and scanning stopped working

Started by dizzy, June 15, 2020, 09:03:29

Previous topic - Next topic

dizzy

Hi all,
today I've noticed printing and scanning over network with Samsung SCX-4623FN stopped working (all machines are Debian stable - "Buster" / 10) - printer / scanner "currently off-line" (?!). It did work few days before.

Analyzing what changed meanwhile, I've stumbled upon aptitude log stating:
--------------------------
Aptitude 0.8.11: log report
Tue, Jun  2 2020 08:37:00 +0200

IMPORTANT: this log only lists intended actions; actions which fail
  due to dpkg problems may not be completed.

Will install 2 packages, and remove 0 packages.
========================================
[UPGRADE] suld-driver-4.01.17:amd64 4.01.17-6 -> 4.01.17-7
[UPGRADE] suld-driver-common-1:amd64 1-11 -> 1-12
========================================

Log complete.
-------------------------

What has changed in the packages? Is it possible to rollback to older revisions? (assuming it will work - for a while ;)

Thanks in advance

bchemnet

The only change was to add an explicit dependency on libcupsimage2, which would have no effect on a Buster system because that package was already a dependency of CUPS (but that was changed in the version of CUPS in testing/unstable, hence the need for the explicit dependency).

So I would not expect that those suldr package updates would have had any effect on your system.  The exception might be if you made a change to a configuration file that was overwritten by the default file when the package updated.  If so, the likely culprit is either /etc/sane.d/xerox_smfp.conf or /etc/sane.d/smfp.conf.

If not that, were there any other packages updated this month?

dizzy

Yes, nothing was wrong with the packages. It was hardware issue (LAN switch), which was replaced and everything works like charm again now.

Thank you very much for all your work and support!

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers