SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

Samsung SCX-4824 FN/ubuntu : weird symbols, does not stop

Started by yossarian, May 24, 2013, 04:42:12

Previous topic - Next topic

yossarian

Hello,

My Samsung printer is driving me nuts. Everything is fine after a fresh install but after a while when I want to print something, what I get is a few lines of weird symbols. All I can do is manually switch it off to stop it (it keeps churning out pages), reinstall everything and hope it will work. Waste of paper, ink and time...
Using ubuntu 13.04 now but this has been going on for a while - some help would really be appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

bchemnet

yossarian

Hello,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I couldn't access the server.
I use the driver that is selected by default when installing the printer. I can't really select a different one with the Samsung Unified Driver configurator, what I see is a list of printer models.
The "workaround" for the moment is to reinstall the printer everytime.

bchemnet

You can determine the driver (assuming you are actually using the Samsung one and not foomatic or some other driver if you are accepting an automatic install) by changing which suld-driver-xxx package you have installed.

yossarian

Hello,

Sorry for being long in responding, I often have trouble accessing bchemnet.com. Thank you for your reply.
I haven't been able to get it fixed - yet. The pattern is always the same it seems : I  need to uninstall/reinstall the printer and then it works, I suspect there's some kind of interference between the samsung driver and the CUPS system, I'm not sure how to find out which one is in use. I'm going to try and find out, will report back.

Thank you again.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers