SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

think i have done to much messing arround

Started by boelle, May 28, 2013, 14:45:14

Previous topic - Next topic

boelle

hi

in my quest to get my clp-510 working on the raspberry pi i think i have messed to much arround and cont find head and tails in anything.

i have tried a few different driver packages none of them worked and then i came across this page which looked promising.

now the problem is that i want to remove the old stuff or at least whats need to be removed before i go on.

can i get some pointers or a step by step ? i have cups working and the las errror i got was : /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertosamsungsplc failed

i dont know if this is a clue or not but the pribnter works fine from windows but if i share it it will not turn up as detected in cups, nor does is that on its own

hope someone can help a very desperate person

bchemnet

It won't work with any of the information on this page or this repository.  Your only option for the Raspberry Pi is the SpliX driver.  You can either download and compile yourself, or pull from a distribution which provides it for the Pi architure (arm/armel), such as Debian.

If you can't get SpliX working (I can find scattered reports that it seems to work for some printers on the Raspberry Pi), you cannot use the CLP-510 with it.  No other driver option is available with the correct architure (that's why you get the error you report when installing packages from here or Samsung).

You can find the information you need to remove anything you have installed using the links above, depending on which method you used.

boelle

bugger...

well then i have to print as pdf and print from the win pc

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers