SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

CLX-3175FW on Ubuntu 14.04 - and I'm a Noob at Linux!

Started by mysticturner, June 12, 2014, 20:30:18

Previous topic - Next topic

mysticturner

I'm fairly new to Linux and while I had the printer sort of working using some sort of install that I don't even remember when I first setup Ubuntu last year, I was never real happy with it.  So when I upgraded to 14.04 (from 12.04 LTS), I decided to find a better solution.

I found this site and installed (so far) just suld-driver-4.01.17.  The printer is out of ink so I can't verify truely printing, but I do get the messages back about the ink levels and such.  I have the ink on hand so I'll try this weekend to refill the cartidges and reset it.  But I have to admit that I'm liking the scanning setup as I've found a superior package to handle it.

I still do not have the 'scan from the printer keys' working.  I'll keep working on that and update.  Also I've not noticed a noob level set of instructions on how to setup the repository.  I'm willing to write a how to from the perspective of someone who's never worked with APT, describing my journey.  Any comments as to where I should put such a post?

And lastly - Thanks for putting together SULDR!

bchemnet

Quote from: mysticturner on June 12, 2014, 20:30:18
I still do not have the 'scan from the printer keys' working.  I'll keep working on that and update.  Also I've not noticed a noob level set of instructions on how to setup the repository.

The suld-scantopc packages (scanner server) were written for this purpose.  They are still a work in progress, but if you don't have immediate success you can post to the corresponding forum board for assistance.  (I just provide those packages, I don't maintain the actual scripts involved.)

Quote from: mysticturner on June 12, 2014, 20:30:18
I'm willing to write a how to from the perspective of someone who's never worked with APT, describing my journey.  Any comments as to where I should put such a post?

If you are interested in doing so, the "Using the Repository" board would be appropriate and most likely to be seen by anyone looking for such information.  And maybe one of the Ubuntu Forums or some other forum, but I don't keep track of any of those any more so can't say for certain.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers