SULDR Forums Supported Printers Printing Questions Scanning Questions General Questions Samsung Installer

CLP-325w network printing on Ubuntu 13.04 with 4.01.17 driver

Started by MoonShadow-NM, May 06, 2013, 12:44:40

Previous topic - Next topic

MoonShadow-NM

Hello, all, I am using Ubuntu 13.04 and I have a Samsung CLP-325w color printer attached to the network (via hard line) and am having trouble connecting to it via CUPS.  The IP address of the printer is hard coded to 192.168.1.155 and I am using the suld-driver-4.01.17 driver package installed from bchemnet.

The issue that I am encountering is actually setting the printer up.  It worked using the Samsung Unified driver on Ubuntu 12.10, but I have since then blown that install away and loaded a fresh install of 13.04.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

bchemnet

I'm not sure what you mean by "setting the printer up."  If you are getting some sort of error or specific problem, please share.

You can also try a lower driver version - I am not sure how reliable the 4.01.17 drivers actually are.

MoonShadow-NM

Sorry about the lack of information.  The issue I'm facing is actually creating the printer connection in CUPS.  I have tried installing it using AppSocket/HP JetDirect and LPD/LPR Host or Printer.  Do I use the CLP-320 driver, or the CLP-325 driver?  It appears the CLP-320 driver is a "Samsung" driver and the CLP-325 is the foomatic driver.  I assume I should be using the CLP-320 driver, however, with either driver, and either printer connection (JetDirect or LPD Host) it still doesn't print.  Thank you.

bchemnet

You are correct that the -320 driver is the Samsung one, and the -325 is foomatic.

However, if neither works, it may be an issue that has nothing to do with the driver itself.  You can try the 4.00.35 version, but you may want to first try to make sure that your computer can even see the printer (ping or similar), and that there aren't any configuration issues with the printer itself.

It's also possible that it's a CUPS issue with the new Ubuntu release, but that's harder to check.

MoonShadow-NM

Okay, I'll start diving into it in deeper detail.  Once I have a "fix", I will post exactly what I did.  If I have any more questions, I'll post them here.  Thank you.

MoonShadow-NM

Please mark as fixed.

The 4.01.17 driver did not work.  I rolled back to the 4.00.39 driver using the JetDirect protocol and everything works as advertised now.  Thank you for your nudge in the right direction.

Repository Information Legal Contact Alternative Drivers